Track Usage Agreements / Contracts for School Property
Many schools require that students, parents, and even staff sign usage agreements which require that they formally acknowledge school usage policies and which legally obligate the user to treat-well school property which has been assigned to him or her.
If you wish to track digital versions of such signed agreements, they can be uploaded to the user's system record on the user's Files tab. In order to do this, you will need a scanner with which to scan and transform signed documents into a digital format for uploading.
Click here to see how to track signed usage agreements digitally.
Whether or not they opt to digitally track signed usage agreements, some schools like to be able to be able to quickly generate a lists of users who have and have not signed usage agreements. This includes the easy addition of a checkbox to every user's profile in SchoolFront--If they have signed the agreement, you check the checkbox. If they have not, you leave the checkbox unchecked. Then you can use grid filtering to view all users who have the checkbox checked or unchecked and export the information to Excel.
Click here to see how to add the checkbox to the User Profile.
Track Signed Usage Agreements in SchoolFront
1. Scan document so that it is available in a digital format such as PDF.
2. Login to SchoolFront as an administrator.
3. If the user is:
a student, click Manage Students in the left navigation menu.
a parent, guardian, or family member, click Manage Families in the left navigation menu.
a staff member, click Manage Staff in the left navigation menu.
4. Locate the user in the grid and click to open his/her user record.
5. Click the Files tab.
6. Click the Add File link.
7. Select a File Category from the list.
8. Click the Add File link. Locate the file and upload it.
9. Click the Save button.
10. The file will be uploaded and can be downloaded from this tab in the user profile any time in the future.
Add a "Usage Agreement Signed" Checkbox to User Profiles
1. Login to SchoolFront as an Administrator.
2. Click Feature Administration in the left navigation menu.
3. In the Students section, click Columns & Groupings.
4. In the Custom Yes/No Fields section check the next available un-checked checkbox.
5. Change the name of the field to something like "Usage Agreement Signed."
6. Click the Save button.
7. This checkbox will now appear on the student profile and can be checked when the student signs the usage agreement.
Once you have set this up and have begun recording who has and who has not signed the agreement(s), you can generate a quick list of folks who have not yet signed the agreement by doing the following:
1. Click Manage Students in the left navigation menu.
2. In the student grid, scroll to the left until you find the column named the same thing you named the checkbox (e.g. Usage Agreement Signed).
3. Click the little filter icon and select Unchecked.
4. Only students for whom the checkbox is unchecked will be displayed (students with the checkbox checked will be filtered).
5. To export the list of students who have not signed the agreement, click the Excel icon.