Prepare, Lock, & Submit Summary / Aggregate Marking Period Grades
Mark Grades for Semester
When you have locked all of your final Marking Period gradebooks for all courses, go to the Mark Grades section again using the left-navigation menu.
You will have to do this activity for every course you have that is included on the student semester report card.
- Choose a Course from the green boxes at the top of the screen by clicking on it.
- Choose the Semester (S1 or S2) from the Marking Period drop-down menu at the top of the screen.
Note: The deadline for report card grade submission is noted next to the Marking Period drop-down menu. You must submit your grades before the deadline.
- Report Card grade preparation begins as soon as the Marking Period ends. Make sure that it isn’t too soon to Mark Grades by scrolling to the bottom of the screen. If the Save and Save and Lock Grades buttons are grayed out, it’s too soon to prepare your report card grades.
If the Marking Period is over and the buttons are still grayed out, contact an Administrator for help.
Confirm Each Student’s Final Semester Grade or Override It
Each of the students enrolled in the course have their own section on the Mark Grades page. In each student’s section, find the Semester in the grid and review the Report Card Grade. The grade listed is the grade calculated by the system from the student’s previous Marking Period grades and mid-term/final exam if applicable, using the calculation you configured for each course in the Manage Courses section. If you agree with the system calculated grade, continue to the next student.
If you want to change a student’s calculated grade for any reason you can (e.g. the system calculated the student’s grade to be a B+ but you know the student really pushed hard to get the grade and you want to reward them for the extra effort so you want to give them an A). To change the grade, simply select a different grade from the drop-down menu.
Enter a Mid-Term or Final Test Grade for Each Student (Only for S1 & S2)
For some courses, there is a test at the conclusion of S1 and/or S2 which is also used in the calculation of the student’s report card grade.
If this is one of those Marking Periods, you will see a blank for the student’s Test Score. Enter a test score for each student.
This is where to enter a semester Test Grade if it is S1 or S2 Report Card preparation time.
Enter Comment(s) for Students (Depends on Report Card Configuration)
If you wish to enter comments to go with the student’s grade on his or her semester report card, enter them in the white box at the bottom of each student’s section.
Note: Make sure that your school's report card actually supports comments before you take the time to enter comments. If your school does not have comments on the report card, this could constitute wasted effort for you! Check before you take the time to comment!!!!
Note: Any comments that you entered in the Mark Grades section for the final Marking Period in this Semester will not appear in the Semester Report Card. All Semester Report Card Comments must be entered here. If you entered them in the Marking Period by accident, re-enter them here.
This is where you can optionally enter free-text comments to go with the student’s grade on the report card.
Save Your Work as You Go
It is important to save your work frequently as you work through the review of each student on the page. It’s particularly important if you have many students in the course. Losing your work, for instance if your computer crashes, will be very frustrating.
- Note: Also note that you do not have to complete your report card preparation review activities all in one sitting. If you want to do part of your review, save your work, and then return to finish at a later time you can.
To save your work, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save button.
- Note: DO NOT click the “Save and Lock Grades” button until you are completely done with entering test scores, reviewing and overriding grades, and entering comments for all students for the whole course.
Doing so will lock you’re your grades so that you can no longer edit them, and will submit your grades to the Report Card Administrator, notifying them that you are ready for him or her to print report cards.