Store Report Card Grades in Student Academic Record
Report card grades are an important part of a student's academic transcript and may be required for government accountability reports.
The final stage in the report card generation process is locking all grades to prevent any further editing and storing the grades in the system for reporting in the short- and long-term.
Whether or not you actually run and print report cards or just allow the system to auto-generate grades and display them for parents online in the Parent Portal in a paperless fashion, this step must be done to enable reporting.
Applicable System Roles
System users with the following roles can do this:
1. Make sure that before you permanently store report card grades you confirm that all teachers have reviewed and submitted their grades. For confirmation instructions, click here.
2. Login to SchoolFront as an administrator.
3. In the left navigation menu hover your cursor over Report Card.
4. The sub-menu will open. Click Store Report Card Grades.
5. The Persist Report Card Grades page will open.
6. Choose the Marking Period from the drop-down menu.
7. Click the Store button.
The grades will be locked from editing and stored in the system for reporting purposes (e.g. for transcripts).
You can also view the stored grades for an individual student by going to Manage Students>Student Profile>Stored Grades Tab. All grades that have been stored from your school and previous schools are visible there.