Import Historical Attendance Information for Students
If your school is required to keep historic records of daily student attendance, the student's historical attendance records from a previous SIS may be imported into SchoolFront.
We recommend you expend the effort to import this information only if you really need the information for legal or reporting reasons.
Applicable System Roles
System users with the following roles can do this:
Import Historical Grades
1. Log into SchoolFront as an Administrator user.
2. In the left navigation bar go to Feature Administration.
3. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the Feature Administration page and click on the link called Migration Administration.
4. On the SchoolFront Migration Administration page click Export/Import Historical Attendance.
5. Follow the Online Help instructions for Data Importing using the below table to fill in your Excel file. You must fill in all required fields to complete the import.
||Description / Instructions
This is the student's unique identification code from the SchoolFront system.
To locate a student's ID, go to the student's profile in the Manage Students section.
||This is the date on which the attendance was taken. Appropriate format = MM/DD/YYYY
Regardless of the way you currently handle attendance, the attendance statuses from historical records must be mapped to a SchoolFront supported status.
Enter one of the following codes:
- Absent = A
- Absent Excused = AE
- Late 5 mins = L005
- Late 10 mins = L010
- Late 15 mins = L015
- Late 20 mins = L020
- Late 25 mins = L025 (continue same pattern through "85 mins")
- Out of School Suspension = OSS
- Present = P
||Enter any notes...this is free text. Example content could be the reason for the absence if the student was AE.