Add, Edit, or Delete Graduate Requirements in Graduation Sets
After you setup Subject Areas and create a new graduation set, create and manage requirements within a graduation set. For example, create a requirement for each major subject area, such as Physical Education, Science, Social Studies, Math, Electives, English, etc. In each subject area requirement, define the number of credits students must earn to fulfill the requirement.
Note: If you haven't already done so, before you begin creating requirements, you may want to check out some examples to help you analyze your school's graduation set(s) and requirements.
Applicable System Roles
If this is your first time dealing with course groups or graduation sets and/or if you do not yet have one or more graduation sets in the system, we HIGHLY recommend that you complete the following prerequisite steps before you begin adding, editing, or deleting course groups in the system:
1. Log into SchoolFront as an Administrator user.
2. In the left navigation bar go to the Feature Administration page.
3. Under Graduation Sets click Graduation Sets.
4. On the Graduation Set Management page, click the Graduation Set under which you would like to manage graduation requirements.
5. Click New Requirement.
6. Enter information about your requirement:
||Enter a name for your requirement. For example, "English" or "Direct Electives."
||Enter the number of prerequisite credit hours a student must earn to meet the graduation requirement.
||If you created Subject Areas, choose one from the drop-down menu.
Select one of the following options to identify the courses a student must complete to meet this requirement:
- Course List (Feature in Development): Enter the numbers of each course a student must complete. Separate course numbers with commas.
Note: Most schools select this option and define specific course numbers.
- Credit Type: Identify a credit type and define the credit type for specific courses on the Course page.
Note: Your school can create credit types to group courses together to fill a graduation requirement. Assign credit types to courses, and specify that a requirement is filled by any courses or grades of that credit type. For example, if you create a "Geometry" credit type in this field and assign it to several courses, and then you specify that any two courses with the Geometry credit type fulfill a Math requirement; students will meet the Math requirement if they take two courses with the Geometry credit type.
- Course Group: Use the pop-up menu to choose a course group. Students must complete the credit hours identified for the courses within the group to meet this requirement.
- None: Selecting "none" means that the student can complete the number of credit hours by completing any course. For example, select this option for an Electives graduation requirement.
|Credit Type List
||If you chose "Credit Type," enter the credit types from your master course catalog that can be used to meet the requirement.
||If you chose "Course Groups," select the course group you created from the drop-down menu.
||(This feature is in development)
Set the order in which the system evaluates the student's progress in this requirement in comparison to other requirements. The system will evaluate graduation requirements from the smallest sort order number to the largest.
For example, if you assign a Choir course to two requirements: Fine Arts and Electives. Assign Fine Arts a smaller sort order number than Electives so that the system first evaluates the student's progress in the Fine Arts requirement and then his or her progress in the Electives requirement.
Because Choir fulfills multiple graduation requirements, it may appear more than once on the student's Graduation Progress page.
7. Click the insert button to add the requirement to your graduation set.
The final step is to indicate which Master Courses meet each requirement.