Export and Handout Student Passwords for a Course
Students must be added to SchoolFront by an Administrator user or teacher before they can login. When a student is added to the system, the system automatically generates a unique username for the student and creates an initial password that the student can use when they first login. Teachers must give students their usernames and passwords so that they can login for the first time.
Applicable System Roles
System users with the following roles can do this:
1. Login to SchoolFront as a teacher.
2. Click the Course Enrollment Option option in the left-hand navigation menu. All courses that have been added to the system for the year will appear in the Course Management course list.
4. Locate the course for which you would like to export passwords and click the Magnifying Glass icon.
5. The course you chose will be highlighted in the list, and the details for the highlighted course appear below the course list.
6. On the Details tab, you can edit or delete the course or export the list of enrolled students.
7. Select the Export Enrolled Students link. A small Course Student List Export pop-up window will open.
8. Click the Click Here link to download the CSV file.
9. Distribute user names and passwords to each student.
Warning: This probably goes without saying, but be very careful with student password information as it will allow anyone to login and view the personal information of any student in the school, including their home addresses, grades, attendance record, etc.